As I sat on the kitchen floor, munching on a peach, I realized they were not quite ripe and starting dreaming about what to do with them. I've been toying with the idea of buying a bigger ice cream maker, so I was very attracted by Kelly's Peach Ice Cream (and accompanying rant) on Sass & Veracity. But dinnertime came around and I had no ice cream maker. Instead, I marinated the peaches while I prepared dinner and while we ate. Then I drizzled on some blood orange olive oil, scooped the peaches over cream top maple yogurt that I bought us as a treat last week at whole foods. Delicious.
Marinated Peaches over Maple Yogurt
- 6 peaches, unpeeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- juice of 1 clementine orange
- drizzle blood orange olive oil
- 1-2 cups cream top maple yogurt (go ahead--splurge)
Links to other peach noshes: