Unfortunately, I didn't get to do much interesting cooking. In fact, I only made real dinners Thursday night and Friday night, neither of which got photographed. The tastier dish using farm ingredients was by far the simple salad I made Thursday night, so that's the rough recipe that will follow, but, really--sorry for not offering something more groundbreaking. I'll have to make it up to you next week.
Anyway, on to the CSA! Our vegetables were: 1 lettuce, 2 spring red onions, 1 bulb fennel, 1 napa cabbage, 1 bok choi and greens (kale and swiss chard). Also, our fruit share finally got started, so we also got a small container of black currants and one of cherries.
Lettuce Corn Salad with Pancetta
- 2 heads lettuce
- 1 cup kernels corn (I used frozen kernels but if you have fresh available...)
- 4 slices pancetta
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup blood orange olive oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Combine all other ingredients in a small jar to make the dressing. Shake well and pour over salad. Toss and serve immediately.
Links to other lettuce noshes:
- Lettuce Wraps from Rasa Malaysia
- Asian Lettuce Cups with Spicy Ground Turkey Filling from Kalyn's Kitchen
- Pesto Bacon Lettuce & Tomato Wraps with Smoked Turkey from Karina's Kitchen
- Wanna-Be PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps from Wasabimon!