This would also make a delicious Brunch dish, I'm sure.
Strata d'epinards et feta avec des noix
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 Leeks, thinly sliced
- 6 Chives, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3/4 pound Spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 stalks Parsley, chopped
- 2 ounces Feta (or more to taste), crumbled
- 1 cup Low-Fat Milk
- 2/3 cup Ricotta Cheese (I used the Goat's Milk one leftover from my Salad)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tablespoon Pepper, ground
- 1/4 tablespoon Chinese Five-Spice Powder
- 1 large Egg
- 6 large Egg Whites
- 2 slices day-old Bread (I used Whole-Wheat Sandwich Bread), cubed
- 2 tablespoons Walnuts, chopped
Preoven to 400 F.
Heat Olive Oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add Leeks, Chives and Garlic and saute about 3 minutes, until mostly soft. Turn off heat and add Spinach, Parsley and Feta. Mix well.
Whisk together Milk, Ricotta Cheese, Salt, Pepper and Chinese Five-Spice Powder in a bowl. Add Egg and Egg Whites and continue whisking until well-combined (an electric egg-beater makes this much easier). Pour over Spinach, followed by Bread. Stir. Bake for 12 minutes. Add Walnuts and bake an additional 8 minutes, until the top is lightly golden.
Thoughts: Check out this Hawaiian band I've recently discoverd. Not bad, huh?
Reves: If I ever have a backyard, I want an outdoor Smoker and Grill, like this one.