I often find Smoked Salmon very salty; what I loved about this Salad is that the slightly sweet dressing, as well as the presence of the Avocado, provided a perfect balance.
I served this Salad as a side dish, with Fusilli Carbonara. The Pasta was less than memorable, but the Salad was delicious. In a warmer month, I could see serving it with some crusty Bread as a full meal.
Salade de saumon fume, avec avocat
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Zest of 1/2 Orange, grated
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1/8 teaspoon Fleur de Sel, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika, or to taste
- 6 cups Spring Salad Mix (I used a Mache-blend)
- 1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. Smoked Salmon, sliced
- 1 Avocado, sliced
First, make the Dressing: Whisk together Balsamic Vinegar, Orange Zest and Honey in a small bowl. Slowly add Olive Oil, whisking the whole time, then Fleur de Sel, Pepper and Smoked Paprika to taste. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine Spring Salad Mix, Red Onion, Smoked Salmon and Avocado. Add Dressing and toss well. Enjoy!