Friday, March 17, 2006

Dill Sauce


I made this a while ago for a light, easy dinner and just found the picture on my computer, so I decided to post it. Mom had made a big pot of chicken soup and didn't know what to do with the hunks of chicken she'd poached while making the soup, so I made this simple, creamy sauce. With the chicken already cooked and tender, it took maybe ten minutes to assemble everything. Because I wasn't cooking the sauce, I took the opportunity to use my Fleur de Sel aux Epices I bought in Guerande so many months ago. This was fantastic, but I'm sure the sauce would work just as well with any good Salt or Spice Blend you prefer. I highly recommend it, not just for chicken, but for raw vegetables or plain-cooked fish. Enjoy!

Dill Sauce

3 Shallots, minced
3 sprigs Dill, chopped
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1 1/4 cups Sour Cream
Fleur de Sel aux Epices and Black Pepper, to taste.

Mix all ingredients together. Chill until serving.


and and and and and

No comments: