Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Great Hamantaschen Challenge


Hamantaschen
Two actors living together means one thing: when both of us are working, regular meals are few and far between. Thankfully (and alas) that is currently the case. So, while I'm looking forward to making some broccoli from our frozen CSA, I'll have to wait another week.


While I'm waiting, however, I wanted to pass along some information about a hamantaschen contest Mom is sponsoring over on her blog, Beyond Brisket. Unfortunately I'm late to post the contest (sorry, Mom!) but it's open until April 1, so, if you made some delicious hamantaschen this year (or if you want an excuse to make some more), write the recipe (or just filling idea) in the comments to her post, or simply include a link to your own post about the filling if you have a blog. Happy baking!


From Beyond Brisket:


I’m throwing down the gauntlet. What is your best hamantasch filling idea? Send us your recipe (and include an anecdote or other special note to go with it if you have one) in the Beyond Brisket comments section below. The winner, to be announced on April 1 (April Fool’s Day), will receive an autographed copy of my book, Jewish Holiday Cooking in plenty of time, I might add, to try out some of the recipes for Passover.

2 comments:

Mijo said...

Coucou,

J'adore ce genre de petites choses.

Lady Amalthea said...

Mijo! Il te faut essayer d'en faire! J'suis sure que tu trouverais une farce formidable!