Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Farfalle au limon avec cresson

For the first time in months, I was finally able to spend some time in the kitchen last night and to blog about it. However, the simple pasta I made last night was nowhere near as good as this farfalle that I made I-don't-know-how-long-ago, so the farfalle is what I'm sharing with you this evening.

One of the few problems with living down in Chinatown is that, while it's very easy to find uncommon vegetables (such as bitter melon, Chinese okra, angled luffa and fuzzy melon, to name a few), it's impossible to find any arugula. So if I want a salad green with a bite to it, my best bet is to either head up to the Greenmarket or just use watercress, as I did here.

This pasta was simple, filling and delicious--all my requirements for a weeknight dinner. It also qualifies as a one-dish meal--the Boy's favorite kind. It was inspired by a pasta dish in Barefoot Contessa at Home. Enjoy!

Farfalle au limon avec cresson

In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add cream, zest and juice of 2 lemons, salt, lemon pepper and black pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Add farfalle and cook according to package directions. Drain and return to pot. Add cream mixture and cook over medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Add watercress, parmesan and tomatoes. Cut third lemon into quarters and add to farfalle. Toss well and serve.

Links to other pasta noshes:

No comments: