- 1 1/4 cups Chicken Stock
- 3 Long White Potatoes, well scrubbed and diced
- 1 small Yellow Onion
- 1 Leek, dark green top discarded (or saved for stock) and well cleaned
- 4 tablespoons Garlic Butter
- 1 bunch Watercress leaves
- 1/4 cup Basil leaves, tightly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Cloves
- Mexican Oregano, to taste
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 cup Milk
Combine Stock, Potatoes and Onion in a saucepan over medium heat and cook, partially covered, 20 minutes, until Potatoes are tender (less if you cut them smaller).
If you're lucky enough to have an Immersion Blender or Food Processor, puree Soup. Otherwise (or if you prefer your soup chunky) mash it all up with a Potato Masher until it has reached desired consistency.