Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Back in NYC

My profound apologies for this enormous silence. We've been travelling France and Italy and internet cafes were sparse, so there just wasn't time for blogging! But we took notes and will slowly do write-ups of the places we visited, so please stay tuned for that.

The other news is that I'm back in New York, having arrived yesterday afternoon. It's strange being back in an English-speaking country and living with my parents, but nice to have a stocked kitchen and all the wonderful stores and the Union Square Greenmarket. There are also new restaurants to try, old ones to visit and the new enormous Whole Foods in Union Square. So there will be many write-ups and such.

Sadly, though, the nature of this blog must now change. After living in France, my cooking has definitely been influenced, both because of the ingredients and what I ate in restaurants. I'm excited to see where it leads now I'm in the States and I'll have to try and adapt everything to pounds, ounces, cups, etc. So, we'll always love Paris...

...but onto New York!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. Your name had not come up on CandZ so I wasn't aware you had left Paris. I look forward to reading more of your blog now you are back in NYC.

When my son was 16 he spent a 6 month student exchange in La Rochelle. He came home with a love of very strong, smelly cheese - fortunately I adore it also.

Anonymous said...

Dommage que nous n'ayons pas pu nous voir à La Rochelle, j'habite vraiment tout près.

J'espère que depuis ton retour à NYC, tu as fait du riz au lait orangé !!

Bises