Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Salade de saumon fume, avec avocat

When I was a kid, I hated Salad, always seeking out cooked greens (especially Spinach) rather than raw ones. Now, however, I've developed a liking for them. Easy to make, there are infinite variations and they can be anything from Dessert to a Side Dish, to a Meal in and of themselves.

I often find Smoked Salmon very salty; what I loved about this Salad is that the slightly sweet dressing, as well as the presence of the Avocado, provided a perfect balance.

I served this Salad as a side dish, with Fusilli Carbonara. The Pasta was less than memorable, but the Salad was delicious. In a warmer month, I could see serving it with some crusty Bread as a full meal.

Salade de saumon fume, avec avocat

First, make the Dressing: Whisk together Balsamic Vinegar, Orange Zest and Honey in a small bowl. Slowly add Olive Oil, whisking the whole time, then Fleur de Sel, Pepper and Smoked Paprika to taste. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine Spring Salad Mix, Red Onion, Smoked Salmon and Avocado. Add Dressing and toss well. Enjoy!

No comments: